Travelling to different places is always good, enjoying different cultures, cuisines, histories and lifestyle is always welcome. Oh but this can turn into nightmare if not planned keeping things in mind. A haphazard plan to visit a place can make it a headache and will give you a sour experience which you will not be able to forget.
Let’s look at some things that you should look out for before travelling to any place so that your wander-lusting experience is great.
- Choosing a destination: Things that you should consider while choosing a place to travel is
- your budget,
- time duration for which your trip is planned,
- Who is your companion is it family trip or a romantic getaway with your partner.
- Destination Research: Things to look out for when you have selected a destination are:
- Climate, weather you will find at present and whether that suits you.
- Places where you can satisfy your taste buds.
- Mode of transport to reach and travel around in the place.
- Places you would like to visit and how are you going to travel around so that your sightseeing itinerary can be planned beforehand.
- Rules and laws applicable at particular country or city.
- Local Language and basic terms can be looked up and brushed so that the stay is smooth.
- Do a thorough research for hotel you are choosing, read reviews and look at its location as well.
- There are many countries which take entry fees, make sure you are up to date on the same.
- Safety: A major concern is you and your luggage safety while travelling. Points to research before are:
- How secure is the place for women.
- Take care of your luggage and articles. Tourist places are prone to theft and snatching cases.
- Let your relatives and friends know where you are. Share your location from time to time with them.
- List of embassy number and address should always be with you so that you can be helped by them if any trouble arises.
- Planning the trip: Plan your trip carefully so that you can maximise your experience while you stay.
- Day to Day itinerary of sightseeing should be planned carefully. Don’t overcrowd a day with too many sightseeing options otherwise you won’t be able to enjoy any place and you would end up rushing here and there.
- Tickets for sightseeing and events if possible book them in advance so that you don’t have to wait in long queues.
- Money and travel documents: Keep your money and Travel documents safe and secure.
- Keep copies of travel documents and leave a copy at home as well.
- Keep a scanned copy on your laptop and mail as well so that you can access it anywhere if required.
- Don’t rely too much on Credit Card and carry local Cash.
These are some pointers which you should remember so that your travelling experience to any place is hassle-free and enjoyable.